I’m a busy girl – so this is one of those really EASY things to make!
This was made for 2 – so I can have it all ready again for tomorrow! Here’s what I used… Yes – I know, I’m using nearly all frozen ingredients and to be honest, all fresh would be just a bit tastier – but this is very quick and incredibly easy, so suits me…
Cooking time: 20 mins-ish
- 2 person serving of Frozen soya (or other) mince (kind of up to you how much)
- a cup-ish of frozen chopped onions
- I like garlic – so I used about 2 Tbsp frozen chopped garlic
- Approx 1 Tbsp frozen chopped basil
- A few fresh(?!) tomatoes chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 jar of tomato and ricotta pesto
- Water as you prefer to thin a little
These amounts are VERY approximate – just add more of less of the things you like/don’t…
- Add olive oil to a saucepan
- Add onions and fry till soft
- Add garlic
- Add mince, stir and fry for a few mins
- Add basil and cook for a couple of minutes more
- Add tomatoes and sauce and stir
- I add a little water too. Without water, the sauce will be more of a coating, but will have a slightly more intense flavour to the dish. With water, it will taste a little weaker but be more ‘saucy’. Just don’t add loads, this isn’t a densely flavoured dish (especially because it’s mostly frozen). If you want MORE sauce – add some tinned tomatoes – or passata instead of water perhaps.
- Cover a cook on a low heat for about 20 mins – or a bit more checking it isn’t drying out if you have the time, to cook in the flavours more.
And that’s it!
Add a little side dressed with olive oil a tiny drizzle of balsamic and salt/pepper, (or you could go mad and do a Caesar salad, yum!) and the obligatory glass of – oh and a sprinkling of Parmesan (preferably fresh…) – and you’re set to go!
I hope you enjoy this – or at least reading about it 🙂